Using high-detail Japanese government topographical map data and captivating cartography, the map outlines over 50 backcountry ascent and descent ski routes in the unique, powder-paradise volcanic terrain of the Niseko region. The map includes comprehensive information about safety, terrain, weather, and parking. Includes aerial photos of popular backcountry runs. QR codes are included for detailed route guides posted on HokkaidoWilds.org. Printed in Japan on Japan-made, tear-resistant, waterproof, recyclable paper. Sold either folded (11cm x 22cm) or flat unfolded. Published by HokkaidoWilds.org, Hokkaido’s largest online database of wilderness adventure information.
This 66cm x 97cm (26” x 38”) waterproof, foldable topomap includes the following areas: Yotei-zan, Shiribetsu-dake, Niseko Annupuri, Moiwa-yama, Iwaonupuri, Nitonpuri, Chisenupuri, Weisshorn, Shakunage-dake, Shirakaba-yama, Mekunnai-dake, Raiden-yama, and Iwanai-dake.
Waterproof | Tearproof | Open: 66cm x 97cm (26” x 38”) | Folded: 11cm x 22cm (4” x 8.5”)
Route Types: Ski-tour, Freeride & Expert
- 50+ backcountry ski routes, including ascent and descent routes
- Place names in English and Japanese
- Includes entire Niseko Range from Hirafu to the Sea of Japan, plus Mt. Yotei and Mt. Shiribetsu
- Indicates popular lift-accessed backcountry areas at the eastern end of the Niseko Range
- Features an easy-to-use 1km UTM grid for ease of planning and on-the-ground location communication using international-standard grid references
- Niseko United shuttle bus route and bus stops
- Scale rule in meters and feet
- Trailhead parking tips and tricks
- Comprehensive safety and terrain details
- Large-format (66cm x 97cm / 26 inch x 38 inches) map – folded size is approx. 11cm x 22cm (4 inch x 8.5 inch)
- Printed double-sided color on high quality tear-resistant waterproof paper